Pedal Power® MONDO
Large-scale isolated power for high-current digital and 9V battery effects.
Pedal Power® MONDO is a high-current capable power supply that can power the largest and most diverse pedalboards. From digital power-hungry effects like those from Strymon, Eventide, Line 6, TC Electronic and more, plus compatibility with all standard 9-volt battery stompboxes, MONDO is perfect for large to gigantic pedalboards. Features 12 completely isolated, filtered, and regulated output sections that will keep your pedals dead quiet and free from high-frequency noise that occurs with digital “switching” power supplies.
Pedal Power MONDO also features an internal thermometer that controls a silent fan keeping the unit cool even under the most adverse heat conditions of outdoor festival stages. Even with poor AC line conditions, it delivers clean, consistent power. Handmade in the USA using the finest components, Pedal Power MONDO was designed to meet and exceed the needs of our most demanding professional users.
ELEMENTS OF A GREAT POWER SUPPLY
Ground loops cause hum and the solution is to break the unwanted ground path. Isolation is the best way to do it. Unlike many power supplies, Pedal Power isolates every output. This eliminates tone-robbing interaction between other effects. Pedal Power powers everything from vintage overdrives to modern digital marvels in a way other power supplies simply can’t.
Proprietary Balanced Transformer
Typical transformers, like those used in a wall wart, create large magnetic fields that cause hum in any audio path near it. Pedal Power uses custom-designed, ultra-low noise toroidal transformers with separate balanced windings for every output allowing even the most sensitive pedals to be dead quiet.
What’s good for charging a cell phone is NOT good for your pedals. While digital switching power supplies are small and inexpensive, they also generate noise. Pedal Power uses an audiophile quality linear supply for consistently stable, clean, pure power.
Pedal Power MONDO Features
- 12 isolated outputs sections eliminate ground loops and hum
- All outputs compatible with 9V battery-operated pedals
- 6 outputs high-current capable for modern digital effects
- Powers Strymon, Eventide, Line 6, Boss Twin, TC Nova, Moog and more
- 2 outputs with Sag simulate low battery
- Toroidal transformers and linear regulation for lowest possible noise
- Delivers clean, consistent power even with poor AC line conditions
- Temperature-controlled variable speed fan
- Includes cables and detachable AC line cord
- Courtesy AC outlet
- Engineered and handmade in the USA
Pedal Power MONDO Specifications
- IEC connector:
- 120V 50/60Hz (North America model)
- 100V 60Hz (Japan model)
- 230V 50/60Hz (Europe/Australia model)
- Model and input power are marked on the bottom of unit.
- 5.5x2.1mm barrel connectors - center negative
- Short circuit protected
- Included Cables
- Standard polarity DC cable 12-pack (part # PPPK-12)
- Special Features
- Custom-designed, ultra-low noise toroidal power transformer
- Rear Courtesy Auxiliary AC outlet, 200 watts max
- DIP switch set to select 9V/12V (outs 1-6) or activate SAG (outs 7 & 8)
- SAG dial controls to adjust variable voltage 4v-9V (outs 7 & 8)
- Temperature controlled variable speed fan
- Dimensions: 10.75" wide x 3.4" deep x 1.75" tall (273 x 86 x 44 mm)
- Weight: 2.9 lbs. (1.32 kg)
- 5-year warranty in North America. Other regions contact your country's distributor for warranty details.
Pedal Power MONDO Outputs
9V/12V Standard Outputs (x4 – Outputs 1 through 4) Each of these four 9V 100mA outputs powers any 9V pedal requiring 100mA or less. 12V operation can be selected with DIP switches set AWAY from NORMAL on the bottom panel of Pedal Power MONDO.
9V High Current Outputs (x2 – Outputs 5 & 6) These outputs deliver 250mA for use with higher-current effects. Standard 9V battery-powered effects can also safely power from these outputs. As with outputs 1 through 4, 12V operation can be selected with DIP switches on the bottom panel set AWAY from NORMAL.
9V Standard Outputs with SAG Control (x2 – Outputs 7 & 8) These function as standard 9V 100mA outputs when DIP switches are set in the NORMAL position. With DIP switches set AWAY from NORMAL, the SAG controls above outs 7 and 8 are now engaged. These controls enable variable voltage between 9V and 4V. This feature is useful to simulate a low battery in transistor-based fuzz, Octavia, and distortion circuits. For use with digital pedals like delay, chorus, and reverb, the SAG feature should be turned off.
9V 400mA Outputs (x2) These outputs are for powering high current digital effects. Standard battery-powered effects can also be powered using these outputs.
9V/12V 400mA Outputs (x2) Dual port outputs with 9V and 12V options for powering high current digital effects. Standard battery-powered effects can also be powered using these outputs.
Higher Voltages and Current Supply
The voltages of any two isolated outputs can be combined using a Voodoo Lab Voltage Doubling Cable. Joining two 9V outputs creates a single 18V out. Joining two 12V outputs creates a single 24V out. The current of two isolated outs can also be combined using a Current Doubler Adapter for currents of up to 800mA.